This summer I finally started "The Series". The Series is a series of 3 classes that most students keep putting off until they are just about to graduate. I followed suit and could no longer procrastinate on starting these classes. I am enrolled in class 1 of 3...Professional Cooking. Definitely not your average cooking class. Horrid black and white checkered chef pants, an embroidered Chef's Coat, a cap, black non slip shoes, black socks (every morning we line up, lift up our leg pant so our Professor can see that we are wearing black socks), and of course an apron and knife set. We were put into a group of four and for the past 5 weeks we meet every monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday from 8 am - 12 pm to cook. Over the past 5 weeks we cooked a variety of items. Vegetable Cookery, Stocks, Soups, Sauces, Meat & Seafood Cookery, Starches, and Baking. Next Monday is my final and I couldn't be happier. I have enjoyed meeting new people (and am thankful that I will at least know 3 people at graduation...haha). I happy that i have completed 1 of the 3 classes. However...it doesnt get easier from here. Next quarter I will be put in another group of four to develop a marketing plan for the Restaurant on campus we will soon be running. And in the Winter Quarter I will run the restaurant (well not me alone :)...but my class). I will be at school for this one class from Tuesdays-Fridays from 2 pm - 12 Midnight. (And I still have to make room for work and my other classes that quarter. The great thing is that will be my last quarter! :)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Profession Cooking: Class 1 of 3
This summer I finally started "The Series". The Series is a series of 3 classes that most students keep putting off until they are just about to graduate. I followed suit and could no longer procrastinate on starting these classes. I am enrolled in class 1 of 3...Professional Cooking. Definitely not your average cooking class. Horrid black and white checkered chef pants, an embroidered Chef's Coat, a cap, black non slip shoes, black socks (every morning we line up, lift up our leg pant so our Professor can see that we are wearing black socks), and of course an apron and knife set. We were put into a group of four and for the past 5 weeks we meet every monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday from 8 am - 12 pm to cook. Over the past 5 weeks we cooked a variety of items. Vegetable Cookery, Stocks, Soups, Sauces, Meat & Seafood Cookery, Starches, and Baking. Next Monday is my final and I couldn't be happier. I have enjoyed meeting new people (and am thankful that I will at least know 3 people at graduation...haha). I happy that i have completed 1 of the 3 classes. However...it doesnt get easier from here. Next quarter I will be put in another group of four to develop a marketing plan for the Restaurant on campus we will soon be running. And in the Winter Quarter I will run the restaurant (well not me alone :)...but my class). I will be at school for this one class from Tuesdays-Fridays from 2 pm - 12 Midnight. (And I still have to make room for work and my other classes that quarter. The great thing is that will be my last quarter! :)

Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/category/tutorials/blog-design#ixzz14qeUZw00 Posted by The Muraro Family at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What an amazing experience! Maybe cooking's your thing? Chef Amber?
Wow, what a cool class-it sure beats Political Science. Maybe you will be able to cook for us!
Post a Comment